Nanowrimo 2018: Update 1

I'm doing nanowrimo (national novel writing month), for the second time. The goal is to write 50,000 words of a novel in the month of November. I did it in 2015 and even though it was really hard, I completed it. I wrote the first draft of my previous novel in those 30 days. I wasn't happy with the resulting manuscript and even though I didn't publish it, I learnt a lot while writing it. I'm therefore doing it again this year. I'm going to be writing something I'm really excited about, which is what I hope will get me through this arduous month, not to mention the litany of Belfast write-ins that I'll be going to. On Wednesday night I went to my local nanowrimo kick-off party. The people were lovely and it really helped motivate me to get this novel done.

So, how am I doing so far? Well, I had quite a late night after the local nano kick-off party due to some Halloween celebrations, so I haven't written all that much so far. I've managed to write a paltry 1324 words so far, but I've got a long way to go, so I'll catch up. I have a very comprehensive plan of what I want to happen where, so when I get going I'll kill it.