Bout of Books

The Remains of the Day - Kazuo Ishiguro Love in the Time of Cholera - Gabriel García Márquez, Edith Grossman The Wind-Up Bird Chronicles - Haruki Murakami

Bout of Books begins today and these are the three books I'm attempting to read/listen to/finish.

I started the audio version of The Remains of the Day earlier while I was getting ready to go out. It's something I've wanted to read for so long and I'm excited about.

I also started Love in the Time of Cholera last week, so I took a note of what page I started with today and will add it to my final tally.

Lastly, I've got The Wind-up Bird Chronicles, which I started on Saturday. I was originally thinking of picking short books for Bout of Books so I could get through as many as possible, but I then I thought, why not just keep a page count instead? Plus, The Remains of the Day is a short book and I've already read almost half of Love in the Time of Cholera, so I think I'll get through those two. It's just the Murakami that I think I might struggle with as it's 663 pages! I'll give it a try, anyway, and in the unlikely event that I finish all three books, I plan to start Hannah Kent's most recent book, The Good People.

The challenge today is to introduce myself in six words today, so here it is: I'm Holly, I'm Irish, I write.