NaNoWriMo

If you haven't heard of NaNoWriMo let me quickly fill you in. NaNoWriMo stands for National novel writing month. It's when writers from across the globe come together to try and write a novel of 50,000 words in a month. I gave it a try last year with a novel I'd already begun and had 30,000 words of. Succeeding at Nano would have meant I added 50,000 words to that and have a 320 page manuscript. The novel I was working on was weighty in subject manner and I discovered that it needed more breathing room, so in the end I dropped out. I'm officially back this year though and can't wait to start! I managed to rope my writing friend into doing it with me and I'm meeting her tomorrow at the library to officially start. I can't tell you how excited I am! This year I'm going to smash NaNoWriMo to pieces! I'm going to blog as much as I can to let you all know how I'm getting on and I'll hopefully upload a video each week (there'll be a link to my YouTube channel in my posts) so you can see my progress for yourselves. So who else here will be doing Nano with me?

#nanowrimo